Parippu Curry - Home Style

Hi all,

It is long time since I have blogged anything and thought of sharing the recipe of Parippu curry.

I had a dinner party yesterday night following the blessing of our new rental house in Saudi. The dishes I prepared were Kerala boiled rice, parippu curry, chicken curry, fish fry, carrot thoran and pudding. Everyone liked parippu curry the best (my good luck) and for my bad luck it was over in few minutes... I had prepared only less amount of it and couldn't supply more :)

This is the first time I am preparing food for such an occasion and that too for 9 people. I am very much happy that it was a success. They all said it was a very delicious dinner and I was in the seventh heaven of delight. I bragged about it to my parents too. So I will stop bragging more :P

Parippu Curry Home Style

Ingredients:

Parippu- 1 cup (of 250ml size)
Grated coconut- 1 cup
Cumin seeds- One pinch
Green chilly- 3 (small size)
Shallots(chuvanna ulli or cheriya ulli)- 6
Garlic-2
Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
oil- 2 tablespoon

Method:

Boil the parippu in pressure cooker till it is fully smashed. Or you could smash it using a spoon also after it is almost boiled. (It took 5 whistles for my pressure cooker). Turn off fire.

Grind together 3/4 cup coconut, 3 shallots, green chillies, garlic and cumin seeds adding necessary amount of water.

Add this grinded mixture, turmeric powder and salt to the cooked parippu. Mix well, boil once and turn off the fire.

Take another pan and splutter the mustard seeds. Saute the remaining coconut(1/4 cup) and chopped shallots(3) till it becomes a reddish brown colour.

Add this to the cooked parippu and mix well.

Serve it warm with rice.

Courtesy: Lisy Raju (my ammayi amma)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trisandhya Japam

Some Baby Talk

Back to writing....I guess